The People’s Choice Awards had its 38th edition held this Wednesday night in Los Angeles, where Katy Perry, the pop singer, and the movie “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2” came out as the big winners of the night. The main difference between the People’s Choice Awards and other ceremonies, such as the Oscar, Grammy or Golden Globe, is that the only criteria is the people’s preference.
The nominations that granted Katy Perry the amount of awards were: favorite female artist, tour headliner, song of the year for “E.T.” with Kanye West, music video for “Last Friday Night” and TV guest star for “How I Met Your Mother.” However, the popularity was not enough to guarantee her presence at the event, even though the event’s organisers had her name on the list of nominees expected to attend.
Once she already knew she would not be part of the celebration, Perry posted on her Twitter profile in the beginning of last week: “I want to thank u all for voting for me, fingers crossed!” If she had made an appearance, it would be her first public attendance since her husband, Russel Brand, filed for divorce last month. Their marriage lasted 14 months.
Contrary to those artists who did not manage to show up at the event where they would receive awards, actress Emma Stone was there and seemed excited about the honors that were given to her. Even though she did not take home the same amount of victories as Perry, Stone earned two trophies: favorite movie actress and comedic movie actress.
When she went to the stage to receive the statue, Stone said “I moved to L.A. eight years ago this week with my mom, who’s right there. It is so insane to be standing up here right now. It is hard to describe to you.” Stone has been recently known for taking the alternative kind of roles and becoming an indie reference.
- Break Time: Author learns the hard way not to use Scarlett Johansson's name without asking ~ Entertainment 10 Jun, at 20 : 37 PM
- Texas actress arrested in ricin case ~ Entertainment 7 Jun, at 21 : 28 PM
- Adios Charlie Sheen, hello Carlos Estevez ~ Entertainment 6 Jun, at 20 : 55 PM
- Amanda Bynes: Chrissy Teigen is an 'old, ugly model' ~ Entertainment 5 Jun, at 20 : 32 PM
- On 'Game of Thrones,' Shocking Carnage Proves the Internet Has Manners ~ Entertainment 4 Jun, at 19 : 57 PM