When the time comes to decide which university and which area of knowledge a student wants to follow after high school graduation, there are different modalities of educational institutes that can be chosen. One of them is the private university, which is not run by the government, but can receive public subsidies.
Consequences Of Changing Values
The National University is an option which functions under the private system. The NU’s administration recently released a statement saying that the tuition fees might go up 32% if an ‘all cuts’ budget is implanted. The problem is that this kind of decision inflicts directly on the students’ academic production.
“It takes students longer to get their degrees because they can’t afford to go to school as often as they would if there were lower costs. Our Bakersfield campus has experienced 15% growth in this fiscal year over last.” said the Chapter President, California Faculty Association, Bruce Hartsell.
On the other hand, the California State University also plays a part in this picture. The CSUB president, Dr. Horace Mitchell, said “Many students are looking at that even now, but I tell you that they are not less expensive than CSU. CSU is the least expensive comprehensive state university in the country.”
Besides that, the students want to get into the higher degree education. As the American educational system works on options to offer students who are approved to attend the institution, people are not going to wait until they can get in a university. The longer students wait, the longer it will take until they can work professionally.
- Will we ever… eliminate animal experimentation? ~ Science 10 Jun, at 20 : 20 PM
- Neanderthal clues to cancer origins ~ Science 7 Jun, at 21 : 27 PM
- Harmless, but They May Cause Paralysis ~ Science 6 Jun, at 21 : 40 PM
- Infertility due to old eggs? An anti-aging pioneer ponders solutions ~ Science 5 Jun, at 20 : 10 PM
- Did Neil Armstrong's accent affect 'one small step' quote? ~ Science 4 Jun, at 20 : 09 PM