Gloria Cain, wife of Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain, defended her husband from the sexual harassment allegations that came to surface over the last few months. The first televised interview that Gloria participated in during her entire life was for Fox News’ ‘On the Record’ with Greta Van Susteren. According to Gloria, what she heard about her husband does not compete with the man she knows.
The complete interview is supposed to be aired this Monday (14), but some transcripts have already been seen. According to part of this material, Gloria said “to hear such graphic allegations and know that it would have been something that was totally disrespectful of her as a woman and I know that’s not the person he is. He totally respects women.”
About the last accusations against Cain, which were made by Sharon Bialek, Gloria stated that her husband would have to have a split personality to do such things. According to Bialek, Cain allegedly harassed her when she asked him for her job back at the National Restaurant Association, considering that he was president of the NRA at that time. Bialek was the first woman to talk publicly about the accusations.
Before Gloria came to her husband’s defense, she was known for not assuming the traditional wife role during a campaign. The last time she was seen publicly was in March, when Cain confirmed his intention to run for presidency. As a matter of fact, Cain has already said that his wife is a registered Democrat. However, Cain remembers that his wife was outraged when she saw Bialek’s conference about the alleged sexual harassment.
It would have been after watching the conference with Bialek that Gloria decided to give a televised interview. According to Cain, his wife would have said “the things that that woman described, she said, that doesn’t even sound like you, and I’ve known you for 45 years.”
- White House draws criticism ahead of gun control announcement ~ Politics 16 Jan, at 16 : 46 PM
- Powell says Hagel 'superbly qualified' for defense secretary, criticizes Republican Party ~ Politics 14 Jan, at 16 : 30 PM
- House votes to expand visas for high-tech foreign workers ~ Politics 30 Nov, at 19 : 21 PM
- Boehner sees no fiscal cliff progress after Geithner meeting ~ Politics 29 Nov, at 19 : 58 PM
- Obama says hopes for deficit reduction framework by Christmas ~ Politics 28 Nov, at 18 : 03 PM